To maintain competency and remain an approved interRAI assessor, you need to:
- maintain a Health Professional Annual Practicing Certificate
- complete an assessment every 6 months, with a minimum of 2 assessments to be completed in a year to National Standards
- complete the set of Relias exams annually
- If selected,successfully complete a quality review of an assessment
- If applicable, comply with any additional local competency requirements, for example, attending an education
The Relias e-learning site will send you automated reminders emails 21 days and 7 days before your evaluations are due.
Once you pass, you receive a certificate which you can print off for your Professional Development File.
You can take up to three attempts for each evaluation. If you have been unsuccessful on your second attempt, complete and save your third attempt and then contact interRAI@tas.health.nz who will arrange for an educator to review the evaluation and support you with your learning.
Every year, the National interRAI Education and Support service randomly selects assessors who need to go through a quality review. The quality review involves the review of a randomly selected assessment from the last 12 months and review of your current online evaluations. To assist you with completing your assessment refer to the following documents:
- National Standards - Download the National Standards documents for each interRAI assessment from the page Getting assessments right.
- ADL Functional Performance coding flowchart (PDF)
- Cardiac Diagnoses-flow diagram to assist coding (PDF)
What if I fail
If you fail any of the requirements to maintain competency, your access to interRAI may be changed to ‘admin’ user status. This will still allow you to enter non-clinical details on the person's overview page. You will not be able to complete interRAI assessments anymore.
To get your full assessor access back, you will need to complete additional training or other remedial training.
Need help with any aspect of using Relias? Check out the factsheets on our Relias support page.