Completing interRAI Assessments
In this section we answer questions about completing interRAI assessments.
To resolve your issue
- Check your manual first
- See if it’s covered in one of the Q&A's listed below
- Still no answer? Contact us at interRAI@tas.health.nz or 0800 10 80 44.
Fact sheets and relevant guides
- Monitoring the interRAI LTCF assessment status of residents (PDF)
- Discontinuing a Draft Assessment (PDF)
- Correcting an assessment that's been marked complete (PDF)
- Using the Community Health assessment in hospital and respite care (PDF)
- Download the National Standards documents for each interRAI assessment from the page Getting assessments right.
Question: I’m unable to use the ‘update values’ button for section K and L as there is no ARD in section A, what do I do?
- Refer to Resident Overview Chapter – Vital Signs and Monitoring of your Comprehensive Clinical Assessment (CCA) Nurse Assessor Workbook
- For other pre-populated values (i.e Date stay began (MDS item B2) refer to relevant chapter of your Comprehensive Clinical Assessment (CCA) Assessor Workbook.
- If you need further assistance, email interRAI@tas.health.nz or call 0800 10 80 44 to be put in touch with one of the interRAI Education and Support team.
- The Assessment Summary(AS) section must be re-opened in order to edit a section of the interRAI assessment while in draft
- Re-open the section you wish to alter
- Make the changes and mark the altered section complete
- Mark the Assessment Summary complete (take care to check coding changes haven’t changed the triggered CAPs)
- See also the item 'Altering an Assessment' in the Assessor Workbook provided at your training.
- Go to this document - Information for Assessors - Correcting an assessment that's been marked complete.