Before you attend Palliative Care assessment training
Welcome to your interRAI training course. Here's what you need to know.
Find information about your training venue:
Before your training
This course is only available to currently competent interRAI Home Care assessors. Your on line evaluations ( through the AIS website) must be completed within the last 12 months.
Once you are confirmed for a place on a training course, your local educator will contact you, providing:
- information about the training requirements.
You and your manager will also be required to sign a learning agreement.
You will need to send the certificate to confirm completion of Level One Advance Care Planning ( ACP) e-learning module ( or your DHB equivilant course).
You will be asked to bring your organisation/facility’s blue interRAI Assessment Form and User's Manual and the orange Clinical Assessment Protocols (CAPs) book with you to training.
Your pre-training requirements
Please complete Level One Advance Care Planning (ACP) e-learning module Or your DHB equivilant course.
Please bring the following manuals from your organisation with you.
- Palliative care assessment form and user’s manual v9.1
- Palliative care clinical assessment protocols (CAPS)
- Check that you have the correct manual
The following readings are not compulsory but provide additional context to interRAI assessments for people attending training.
- Useful information on EPOAs on the Supersenior website
- Useful information on understanding the difference between an Advance Directive/Treatment Restriction and an Advance Care Plan.
Your educator will support you throughout your training. Once you have completed the initial training course, there are a range of steps to reach interRAI competency.