Before you attend Contact assessment training
Welcome to your interRAI training course. Here's what you need to know.
Find information about your training venue:
Before your training
Once you are confirmed for a place on a training course, your local educator will contact you, providing:
- information about the training requirements, and
- access to AIS, the system you will be using to complete the e-learning module ‘AIS-Mastering the RAI’ ahead of the course.
You and your manager will also be required to sign a learning agreement.
You will be asked to bring your organisation/facility’s blue interRAI Assessment Form and User's Manual and the orange Clinical Assessment Protocols (CAPs) book with you to training.
Your pre-training requirements
Please read the paper describing a specific assessment framework for Maori: Meihana Model
Please bring the following manual from your organisation with you:
- interRAI Contact assessment form and user’s manual v9.2
The following readings are not compulsory but provide additional context to interRAI assessments for people attending training.
- Useful information on EPOAs on the Supersenior website
- Useful information on understanding the difference between an Advance Directive/Treatment Restriction and an Advance Care Plan.
Your educator will support you throughout your training. Once you have completed the initial training course, there are a range of steps to reach interRAI competency.