interRAI in New Zealand
New Zealand has a royalty free licence with interRAI International through the Director-General of Health.
interRAI Services is the national provider of services to support interRAI in New Zealand and is a business group within TAS – a health shared services agency.
Visit the TAS website at www.tas.health.nz
The Ministry of Health provides annual funding to cover the delivery of four business functions:
- education and support services
- reporting and analytics
- governance and
- software services.
The Ministry of Health holds a contract with Momentum Healthware as the provider of interRAI software in New Zealand and services are provided according to a Service Level Agreement.
A world-first in New Zealand
New Zealand is the first country in the world where interRAI assessments are used nationwide in the home and community setting, as well as in aged residential care and the only country where all assessments are conducted in a single software platform.
The vision for interRAI in New Zealand is:
‘To continuously improve health outcomes for New Zealanders as they age, and the effectiveness and efficiency of our health system by guiding and leading the use of interRAI instruments and the dissemination and use of interRAI information.’
Key objectives of interRAI New Zealand
- Consumers are receiving equitable access to and benefits from interRAI assessment regardless of their location in New Zealand
- Health outcomes are improved and health inequalities reduced for all those assessed through interRAI
- interRAI is effective in its use of funding and resources
- Promote the use by Government agencies of interRAI data as evidence in policy development where appropriate
- Promote the use of interRAI data and information to shape services and support best outcomes and continued service improvements
- interRAI data and information is accessible for research purposes
- Access to interRAI data is maximised whilst ensuring the privacy of consumers is safeguarded at all times
- New Zealand contributes to the international development of interRAI tools
- The interRAI suite is successfully and consistently implemented and supported in all relevant settings in New Zealand.